Our Vision & Mission
The LMS vision is one where all stakeholders, working collaboratively, will strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment whereby students can grow into educated, productive, and honorable citizens of the 21st century.
The mission of LMS is to create a learning environment which allows all students to achieve success by providing them with research-based instruction in the areas of scholarship, leadership, citizenship, and integrity.
- Children achieve success and are able to learn effectively at high levels in a child-centered environment that is safe and stimulating.
- Teachers are responsible for participating in professional development that focuses on research-based instruction and effective strategies proven to increase student performance and maintain high expectations.
- Continuous assessment, both formative and summative, provides data to guide effective and differentiated instruction that addresses each child’s unique pattern of growth and development.
- The foundation of lifelong learning for all students should be enhanced through the teaching of related arts, enrichment resources, and identified special services.
- Local, State, and Federal policies and procedures should guide all stakeholders in collaborative decision-making that focus on student learning and student welfare, both internally and externally.
- Outstanding achievement is obtained when the children are motivated at the highest levels of development – intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
- Development of creative problem solving is a necessary ingredient in today’s world.
- Recognition and respect for diversity, along with strong character development, should be promoted as part of the daily school environment.
- Development of leadership skills, civic responsibility, and personal integrity is an essential part of the school environment.
- The success of Lookout Mountain Elementary School’s mission requires collaboration between faculty, staff, students, parents, and community members.