Kindergarten Online Registration Now Open
Hamilton County Schools’ online registration for kindergarten opens Monday, April 12, and will continue through Friday, April 16. Families can access kindergarten registration on the district website at www.hcde.org/kindergartenreg.
Families will need the following documents to complete the registration process:
- Tennessee School Immunization and Physical Form or Medical/Religious Exemption from Immunizations
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or officially acceptable evidence of the date of birth
- Two documents proving residency within the school zone (choose two from below dated within the last 30 days)
- Lease, mortgage, or deed
- Utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable)
- Insurance document (medical, home, auto, life)
- Government document showing address (IRS, SS)
- Current bank statement or employment check stub
Additional documents provided to the school if applicable:
- Proof of court-ordered custody of a child living with a divorced parent, custodian, or legal guardian
- A photo ID of the parent, custodian, or legal guardian
If you do not have internet access or have trouble uploading the required documents, you may visit your child’s zoned school location on April 14 to complete the registration process. Children must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2021 to be eligible for kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please visit the school zone finder here to verify your child’s zoned school.
Returning student registration 2021-2022 will be available soon. Check http://hcde.org for updates.